With the introduction of incredible high end cameras like Blakcmagics Ursa mini 4k, the price of cinema grade 4k continues to drop and the ease of access to professional level slow motion cinematography continues. We’ll no doubt see more and more of Vimeo and Youtube flooded with beach test shots. You’ll find our own test shots video filmed with the Ursa min 4k below.
All this means that video production companies can expand the filming services they offer to the small to medium sized business clients.
Professional level 4k cinema cameras
With the introduction of cameras like the Sony A7S II, FS7, Black Magic Ursa Mini and 4.6k the drive towards superb quality footage at a more affordable price point continues.
Blackmagic Ursa mini 4k cinema camera test footage
Last night we received our new Blackmagic URSA mini 4k camera.
This is a simple mixed edit of test shots filmed at the beach this morning just over the road from Stormy Studio.
– The Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4k footage was edited and very very lightly graded in Premiere using Lumetri.
We filmed at a variety of frames rates and codecs.
– Initial panning rock/sea shots were filmed at 24p – ProRes HQ
– The 120 fps sequence was filed in HD (window mode) with Pro Res LT.
– Last two slowmo shots were shot at 60fps (but we screwed up a little and had also set the project frame rate in camera to 60p) so we re-slowed down in post which should be fine but as we quickly guessed the speed reduction percentage (rather than use a calculator) it may be a little off.
– Blackmagic Ursa mini 4k (not 4.6k)
– Lens: Nikon mount, Sigma 18 – 35mm
– Using Nikon to EOS adaptor
– Hoya Variable ND filter.
If you’d like to find out more about the film production services at Stormy Studio please check out our services menu at the top of our site or get in contact via email or just call the studio.